<\body> Stories in America: Women Bloggers

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Women Bloggers

I'm writing an article about women bloggers and haven't had time to blog myself. Whenever I write an article, I usually send out a few emails to various lists asking for interview leads. This particular story has generated more interest than any of my past requests. Since I can't interview and include them all, I'll compile a list and post it here next week or so.

In other news, voter turnout in yesterday's California primary was pathetically low: only 28 percent, the worst showing since the numbers were first tracked back in 1946. The initiatives to renovate libraries, increase funding for pre-school and create a homicide prevention program all lost. Who said California was the most liberal, politically engaged state in the country?

The good news is Debra Bown is our new Secretary of State, a woman who truly understands the vulnerability of electronic voting machines. Unlike past Secretaries of State, I highly doubt Bowen will go work for an e-voting company once her term is up.

Power to the apathetic!

1 Comments:

At 6/08/2006 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sad state of affairs. The attack ads didn't help either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home