<\body> Stories in America: Iraqis resort to selling their children

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Iraqis resort to selling their children

Even more progress:
Abu Muhammad, a Baghdad resident, found it difficult to let go of his daughter's hand but he had already convinced himself that selling her to a family outside Iraq would provide her with a better future.

"The war disgraced my family. I lost relatives including my wife among thousands of victims of sectarian violence and was forced to sell my daughter to give my other children something to eat," he told Al Jazeera.

1 Comments:

At 1/05/2008 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Iraq has fallen off the front pages and according to the pundits who never leave the comforts of dc and ny, voters no longer care.

Our children will pay for this for decades to come.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home