<\body> Stories in America: Innocent 10-year-old shot in Oakland

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Innocent 10-year-old shot in Oakland


Have you heard about the 10-year-old boy who was hit by a stray bullet at his piano lesson in Oakland a few weeks ago? It's such a sad story. I've been following it to see how he's doing and unfortunately, he's paralyzed from the waist down.

The San Jose Mercury News has a story about the community and his classmates raising $30K to pay for a wheelchair friendly home and hospital fees.

There's also a blog and an easy way to donate.

It seems like there are at least two shootings a week in San Francisco and the East Bay. They're all tragic, but this one really got me.

I wanted to pass along the information in case you feel like donating. I'm sure anything will help.

1 Comments:

At 1/19/2008 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sad....I don't have much to give, but I'll make a small donation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home