<\body> Stories in America: Photos of Iraq's Brutally Wounded

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Photos of Iraq's Brutally Wounded

From AlterNet:
As Americans scramble for funding to try to help the many wounded veterans returning from war, many more thousands in Iraq have suffered equally horrific injuries, yet have virtually no way of receiving care.


My soul can't stand it.
I can't sleep because my mind is broken.

I had marriage on my mind before the accident.
Her name is Athra and I haven't forgotten her.

She came to visit me twice, but the distance is far.

I want to walk so that I can get married.

-Muaad Ibnayan Hadi

1 Comments:

At 10/20/2007 3:50 PM, Blogger JACK BOO said...

By the way, your little "Iraqi Deaths Due to U.S. Invasion" counter, which uses Lancet numbers, has been completely repudiated.

I've commented on this before, but apparently when facts collide with ideology....Ideology always wins on this blog.

Oh well....For the intellectually honest among you, here's the story behind the Lancet numbers:

http://slate.com/id/2108887/

You can check my comments for additional links on the bogus Lancet numbers here:

http://storiesinamerica.blogspot.com/2006/10/kevin-tillman-after-pats-birthday.html

But really, please don't take down the bullshit counter just because it's obviously a crock....For those of us that know better, it's a nice little reminder and fitting tribute to left-wing intellectual honesty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home