<\body> Stories in America: Bush on Osama bin Laden - Then & Now

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Bush on Osama bin Laden - Then & Now

"So I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him. We haven't heard much from him. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don't know where he is. I- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him."
-Bush, answering a question about Osama bin Laden at a March 13, 2002 news conference.

Three years later, as the majority of Americans oppose the occupation of Iraq and question the administration's reasons for bombing in the first place, Bush invoked the name of bin Laden 29 times during three separate speeches during the week of September 4, 2006.

1 Comments:

At 9/09/2006 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what this proves.

In the 29 times that Bush invoked the name of bin Laden did he contradict his statement at the 2002 news conference?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home